“Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today,”
(Robert McAfee Brown)
There are two ways to share knowledge: either you can push information out or you can pull people in with a story.
Whether you need to sell a product or change behaviour, stories are vital to your success. Here you’ll find 5 reasons why having an anecdote up your sleeve will immediately change how people perceive you.
1. Stories can simplify the complex through a metaphor.
2. They make no claims so aren’t threatening.
So instead of saying, ‘If you don’t buy this anti-virus package for your computers, you’ll be in trouble’, you can tell the story of how using BungleBoo Anti Virus system allowed a virus into your computer like water though a sieve, destroying your client base, all your documents and forcing you to have to purchase a watertight new laptop.
3. Want to change the way someone is doing something?
4. If you want to make a strong point, this becomes easier to internalize and remember by building a sense of anticipation.
If you make your audience want to know the outcome, they’re more likely to remember it.
5. Fires imagination and provides role models for action.
Such a story of resourcefulness can make you think ‘Goodness, if she can do it, so can I.’
6. Potential customers can identify with an issue and are more likely to then want to buy from you
Instead of ‘selling’ a product or service you give a case study of a problem that existed before e.g. boring presentations or bullish managers.
Look on the courses page here or contact me and I’ll help you find your story.